THE PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE IS A SET OF QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE FRENCH WRITER MARCEL PROUST, AND IS OFTEN USED BY MODERN INTERVIEWERS. PROUST BELIEVED, IN ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS, AN INDIVIDUAL REVEALS THEIR TRUE NATURE.
ZOETIC STAGE’S ARTISTIC DIRECTOR AND CO-FOUNDER, STUART MELTZER, HAS PUT HIS OWN SPIN ON THE QUESTIONNAIRE! FIND HIS Q&A WITH ZOETIC SCHMOETIC CAST MEMBER, FERGIE L. PHILIPPE BELOW!
1. Why are you named your name? Fergie is from my first acting class.
2. In what way are you like your mother? Low tolerance for unprofessional ism.
3. First childhood memory? Monkey bars.
4. Were you breastfed? I believe so, yes.
5. What is your most flexible position? My patience for people talking over me.
6. M&M’s or Skittles? Skittles!
7. What names you were called as a kid in school? Vagina.
8. Did your teeth have braces? No.
9. Rugrats or Sponge Bob? Sponge Bob.
10. Describe your first kiss in one word. Public.
11. Your favorite veggie? Corn.
12. Your least favorite veggie? Beats.
13. Say a word that always makes you laugh. Simonis (hair gel in Creole).
14. Favorite Star Wars character. Kylo Ren.
15. Favorite Prince song. Raspberry Beret.
16. What book will you read again? The Silent Patient.
17. What book is on your reading list? How to be an Antiracist.
18. What book is on your reading list but you know you’ll never read? The Ride of a Lifetime- Robert Iger memoir.
19. Do you floss? Not as often as I should.
20. Perfect slice of Pizza. Uno’s pepperoni, sausage and green pepper.
21. Favorite place to scratch? Under my thigh.
22. Decade you fit in best? 90’s.
23. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received? Go where you’re happy.
24. Favorite US president? JFK.
25. Favorite Shakespeare sonnet?
The little Love-god lying once asleep,
Laid by his side his heart-inflaming brand,
Whilst many nymphs that vowed chaste life to keep
Came tripping by; but in her maiden hand
The fairest votary took up that fire
Which many legions of true hearts had warmed;
And so the General of hot desire
Was, sleeping, by a virgin hand disarmed.
This brand she quenched in a cool well by,
Which from Love’s fire took heat perpetual,
Growing a bath and healthful remedy,
For men diseased; but I, my mistress’ thrall,
Came there for cure and this by that I prove,
Love’s fire heats water, water cools not love.
26. What vice would you like to give up? Soda.
27. Favorite playwright? Suzan-Lori Parks.
28. Which Beatle do you identify with most? George.
29. Egg roll or scallion pancake? Egg roll.
30. What summer Olympic do you wish you could partake in? Gymnastics.
31. Favorite funny person? Richard Pryor.
32. Favorite I love Lucy episode? Chocolate Factory.
33. What word do feel foolish saying? Muppet.
34. Your cosmetic surgery will be? Liposuction!
35. Character you identify with most in the film Clue? Colonel Mustard.
36. Favorite guilty pleasure film? Muppet Treasure Island or Drumline.
37. With or without whipped cream? With.
38. What is the most romantic gift you’ve ever received? This Apple Watch.
39. Name a teacher who inspired you through positive energy? Elena Maria Garcia.
40. What is your news source? NPR and BBC.
41. How much did you weigh at birth? 7 1/2 lbs.
42. Would you ever do drag? I have.
43. Favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Thanksgiving Day Parade.
44. What one word that describes being a parent? Honest.
45. Finish this sentence. I get sad on Sunday afternoons when _________. it’s raining.
46. Giraffes or elephants? Elephants.
47. A reoccurring dream you have is what? A lion is about the attack me.
48. Favorite real housewife? Don’t have one.
49. Matzo ball or wonton? Wonton.
50. What is your relationship to vulnerability? I’m very open to it.
51. Did you vote? Yes.
52. Top of toothpaste or bottom? Top.
53. What’s something you can’t do? I can’t speak my native tongue.
54. When you win the Nobel Prize it will be for… Diverse images in children’s media.
55. Do you have a place that inspires you? Yes.
56. Name three friends? Dorsey. Daniel. Kyle.
57. Name a celebrity crush. Kristen Bell.
58. Finish this sentence: If I were not in show business, I’d be a ____________. A zoologist.
59. Name a moment when you were on stage that you will never forget? The Connection goodbye’s at New World School of the Arts.
60. What method of acting you use? Hope I get it.
61. Old School or New School? Old School.
62. Funniest female body part? Wrists.
63. Best thing about South Florida. Food.
64. Who would you like to work with outside of this community? Aaron Sorkin.
65. Who would you like to work with inside this community? Act opposite Jim Randolph.
66. Who would like to work with you? The rats of Miami.
67. What song puts you in the mood? Best Part.
68. NSYNC or Back Street Boys? NSYNC.
69. If you could teach me one thing it would be… TV Puppetry.
70. When was the last time you cried? Today.
71. Pancakes, waffles or French toast? Waffles.
72. It’s 3:00 am and you’re in line at Taco Bell? What do you get? A #5 with Doritos Locos Tacos and Baja Blast Mountain Dew.
73. Name your Drake song? None.
74. What pisses you off? People who cut in line.
75. Did you go away to sleep-away summer camp? Yes.
76. What is something awkward? Bad sex.
77. The last promise you broke. That I was going to Europe.
78. Favorite August Wilson play? Fences.
79. Do you pray? Yes.
80. Have you killed an animal? Yes.
81. Name one word you’d like people to perceive of you. Intelligent.
82. Favorite kind of pickle? 1/4 of a Dill.
83. What is your relationship to satisfaction? I can’t get no….
84. Are you a good son? Yes. Not perfect.
85. Game of Thrones or a game night with friends? Both.
86. Favorite Meryl Streep film. Ricki and the Flash.
87. Other than English, what language best describes your personality? French.
88. What makes you a good friend? Loyalty.
89. A word that feels naughty when you say it? Lube.
90. What is the most money you’ve ever spent of a piece of clothing? $1,000.
91. Thus far, 2021 has been… a rebirth.
92. Are you good with money? I want to be better.
93. Something you want to work on in 2021. Self forgiveness.
94. Finish this sentence. Nobody ever said being an adult would include… Daily kitchen cleaning.
95. Tea or coffee? Tea.
96. Favorite funny noise to make? Circus trumpet.
97. Why do bad things happen to good people? Balance.
98. What is the best thing about Halloween? Spooks.
99. Beyonce, Rihanna or Whitney? Whitney.
100. What is your relationship to success? Constantly redefining.
101. Flintstones or Jetsons? Flintstones.
102. One word that ignites stress. Flying!
103. One word that ignites hope. Agreement.
104. One woman-leader who inspires you. Elizabeth Warren.
105. What’s the perfect burger? A burger with cheese and bacon and a thick slice of deep-friend mozzarella at TGIF.
106. When did you know you were in love? When I lost it.
107. What does the word “care” mean to you? Intentional.
108. If these walls could talk, they would say… “We’ve missed you”.
109. Favorite Sondheim? Sweeney Todd.
110. First Zoetic Stage Experience? Zoetic Schmoetic.
111. What is your life motto? If somebody has stolen your wallet, they needed it more than you.